Thursday, November 11, 2010

I have heard it said that if you want to be rich then do what rich people do.  Another saying is that if you want to be thin do what thin people do.  Well, a few years ago I put that thinking into practice.  My Aunt lost weight by going to Weight Watchers, and kept it off.  I finally decided after many years of yoyo diets, and trying to get things done myself that I would give Weight Watchers a try.  The only way I could get started was to tell myself that I would try it for 4 weeks, and if I didn't see results, then I would be done.  I just wanted to see what if felt like to be smaller.  I got my head wrapped around the fact that it was only 4 weeks out of my life...just see what happens.  Well, after those 4 weeks had gone by I was feeling so good that I wanted to keep going, and I found out that life only got better.  I didn't feel deprived at all!!

A few years later I found Zumba.  I was keeping weight off, but not as toned as I wanted to be.  I also didn't particularly like running or weight lifting.  Zumba was exciting for me, and something that didn't feel like exercise.  All of the benefits rolled into one class!!

Since I started instructing Zumba, I see myself in a lot of the participants in my classes.  So many people benefit from the class, yet the biggest improvements are those who stay with it on a consistent bases.  I think sometimes in this world of instant gratification that we tend to expect results within a week.  Granted, you can feel better in a week, but the real results come with time.

Set small goals with weight loss, and exercise.  Let it snowball to the results you want.  It will happen!  Give yourself the time it needs to work.  Take a few weeks out of your life, and try it.  The result will be that you will eventually stick with it because it feels so good when you get there.  What have you got to lose?  Also, don't let others that don't want to put the time and effort into keeping their body healthy keep you down. (That's probably a whole new subject).

Take care of your body, and it will take care of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment