Monday, September 24, 2012

Oh the Possibilities!

Today was the first time that I can remember in my life that I'm not trying to lose weight.  This is a huge step for me.  I was shocked at how relieved and content I have been all day.  That is what I want for everyone in my program!

Total Life Fitness explained:  My hope for you:)

Welcome to the rest of your life.  Ask yourself if you want to be happy with yourself, your family, your friends and co-workers.  Do you want to be content and see the world through eyes that are free of the burdens that stress puts on your body and mind?  Do you go through your day constantly wanting to feel better, deep down knowing what you should do, but really not sure how to pull it all together to fit your lifestyle?  Always trying a fad diet, magic pill or the latest thing you should or shouldn't eat of a certain food group?  I've been there and done that!!   

I want to explain what Total Life Fitness is all about.  The main goal and my main mission is to help people live life to the fullest and be happy.  I don't have a magic pill, I don't have every answer to every problem (although I would try to find out), I can't do the work for you.  I will find out what you want in life to be the strongest, happiest and healthiest that your body and mind can be.  This can be as simple as playing with your children or grandchildren, to getting off certain meds, to just enjoying each and every day that you are given.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to not be burdened constantly with the worry of what you are going to eat every minute of the day?  What you will do for exercise?  When you should exercise?  How you will get everything done?  Nothing will be perfect, but figuring out the lifestyle that is best for you and enjoying the rest of your life by living that lifestyle is what I can help you with.

As far as the nutrition portion of Total Fitness goes, I enjoy food.  My goal is to teach moderation in everything you eat.  There is not a lot that is banned in my plan, but I push healthy food.  Healthy food can be very tasty especially nowadays with all of the wonderful recipes flying around on the net.  Restaurants have lots of great tasting choices on their menus now.  There are many things that we go over as to what is healthy, and I make sure that you know what a balanced eating plan is.  This is for life, not a few months and then go back to your old eating ways.  There are plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean protein, water, etc...  This is a realistic approach to living healthy for the long term (meaning something you will stick too).

I hope that this clears up some questions as to what my whole program is about.  Of course, I fell in love with Zumba so if you need a first step then be sure to come to a class!  Fun and fitness that doesn't feel like a workout.  A huge stress buster, what more could you ask for?

You may call me (816) 262-7037 anytime to set up a consultation or e-mail me at bjskatecenter@gmail.com.  The web site is www.amyzumba.com where I can also be contacted.

Make this a step toward your future for a stronger, healthier, happier life!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Zumba Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Zumba Enthusiasts, Instructors, Experts, Studios, Classes, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often as you like.
    The Zumba Community: http://www.vorts.com/zumba/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete