Monday, August 30, 2010

Miracle Walking

Ok, first of all let me just say that I thought the Emmys were really good last night.  I like Jimmy Fallon and Modern Family.  Now with that out of the way, please read this amazing story.

Last week I had a woman that came to me, who had been attending my Zumba classes 2-3 times a week for over a month, and ask if she could share something with me.  This particular person I say hi to when she comes in, and if I see her leaving we exchange good-byes.  She was always a bit quiet and shy.

This woman whom I will call "Shea" from here on out (not her real name) told me that she had always worn a certain sized shirt  for the last 27 years.  The size had not ever changed in all of that time. Shea wanted me to know that this week she put on the next size down for the first time in 27 years!!  I was so happy to hear this, and was so proud of her accomplishment.  This news was enough to give me goose bumps, as do all of the wonderful stories that I have been hearing about since January.

Wait!  That's not the end...

Shea then told me that she was in a bad car accident 27 years ago, and her right foot was cut off!  A doctor re-attached it, and she couldn't walk for three months.  I told her I couldn't believe she was walking now!  I had goose bumps on my goose bumps!!

Shea told me that Zumba was the only exercise that has helped her bring that size down.  I could have cried because I know that Zumba can do this for people.  I can't wait to see how she progresses.  I can already see her coming out of her shell.  How wonderful to be able to feel that!

I think the moral of this story is that no matter how bad you think you might have it or what struggles you face in life there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  How badly do you want to reach that light, and what sacrifices are you willing to make?  Personally, I think Zumba is the best exercise you can get that will work your mind, body and soul.  You can take care of all three in a one hour class.  How cool is that?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment