Monday, April 16, 2012

Push Through Week

I just had a push through week.  That's what I call a week that I'm challenged to keep to a healthy diet and not eat everything in sight.  During this week I crave ALL of my favorite things.  My head plays a war game with itself (eat it, don't! eat it, don't).  I know what to do, but just can't seem to do it.  Therefore, it's time to just push through.  I know on this particular week that there will be many mistakes and start overs.  The hardest part is the resistance to beat myself up over every slip up.

Every day is a start over.  I try to keep eating the veggies and fruit along with the slip ups just so that I can stay in the habit.  I stick with the exercise, and keep drinking the water.  Surprisingly, at the end of the week of struggle there is a final push through to the other side!  Ahhh...it feels good to return to normal.

The weight is not permanent, and my body responds to a getting back to a healthier plan.  The opposite of push through is what I used to do.  "Well, I messed up, might as well give up."  Never give up.  There is a place during this process where I know that I will turn the corner and come back to reality.  In the meantime, I just have to push through!

No comments:

Post a Comment